Are you ready? The fourth ArtStation Community Challenge is now live and this time, we’re challenging you to imagine tales from the Old West.
The theme of the challenge is the Wild West, however, challengers can mix the theme with another genre so long as the submission has a Wild West feel to it and it takes place in that timeframe.
Like with previous ArtStation Community Challenges, the Challenge will be split into two phases. The first phase will focus on Concept art and the second phase will follow with Production art. Artists are free to enter both the Concept Art and Production challenge categories, but we know that many artists like to specialize in either concept or production art. Unique to ArtStation Challenges, we give production artists the opportunity to base their submission on concept art created by artists in the Concept Art challenges.
Phase 1 Categories
You can now register for the Concept art categories and begin the challenge.
We’ve enlisted a talented team of professional artists to help artists push themselves further and achieve more than they thought possible.
- Pablo Carpio (Freelance): Keyframe Concept Art
- Suzanne Helmigh (Freelance): Character Design
- Randall Mackey (Freelance): Environment Design
- Kait Kybar (Freelance): Prop Design
- Satoshi Arakawa (Amazon Games): Game Character Art
- Gavin Goulden (Insomniac Games): Game Character Art
- Mathew O’Halloran (Ubisoft Massive): Game Environment/Level Art
- Karen Stanley (Ubisoft Massive): Game Environment/Level Art
- Frankie DeRosa (Blur): Film/VFX Character Art
- Javier Perez (Intrepid Studios): Film/VFX Prop Art
The first phase of the challenge begins today and ends on April 30 2018 a 17:00 UTC.
Phase 2 of the Wild West Challenge will begin on April 30 2018 at 17:00 UTC and ends on 02 July 2018 17:00 UTC.
Source: Artstation. Arte y artistas.